Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for an Admin Associate to join our team.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 1.5million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point of sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join the Loyalty Program team with a key focus on conducting audits. The candidate should have experience in Programs and inventory management or in a related space, ideally at the intersection of support for digital products. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, has an eye for details and fraud detection, working with facilities for compliance, as well as other team members to create a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds. This candidate is a customer-centric individual whose mission is to build strong relationships with our partner pharmacies making them champions of our Program (Loyalty Program for life pharmacies). This candidate has strong communication skills and is driven to innovate new solutions on the go in response to customer needs.
This role is based in Kisumu. You will report to the Inventory and Loss Control Manager for this work.
- Conducting daily audits/ transactions compliance reviews for all claims received from our partner facilities. They will also be sharing compliance reports to relevant teams
- Undertaking investigations covering transactions fraud and stock pilferage and submitting findings within hours of completion of the same
- Participate in development, refining and implementation of systems used in fraud detection and analysis, inventory management among others
- Assisting with spot checks at facilities
- Attending to ad-hoc loyalty program related requests and projects
- Academic qualifications: Business administration or management, or other business related courses
- Training in supplies management or supply chain management is an added advantage
- 1-2 years experience in healthcare programs, retail pharmacy or Consultancies
- Computer literacy. Proficient in Office applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) is mandatory
- Experience in a fast paced working environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Exceptional communication
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Self driven, team player with a positive attitude. Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is March 2022, and compensation is commensurate with experience.