Android Software Engineer
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for an experienced Android software engineer to improve health care in East Africa!
Our main product is an Android app that both operates as a point-of-sale tool and helps pharmacies manage their inventory and restock products. Our app is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Kenya and Tanzania to support hundreds of thousands of patients every year. We’re rapidly expanding our user base, and are planning on expanding to more countries in the future.
We help small, local pharmacies partner with vetted suppliers to ensure that they can stock high-quality medicine. We also offer working capital to pharmacies to help them grow their businesses. We also launched a loyalty program to help subsidize medicine for patients and reward pharmacists for better medical practices.
What We’re Looking For
We’re in the early phases of piloting our loyalty program as well as launching a new version of the POS app. We’re aiming to expand to hundreds of new pharmacies this year!
We’re looking for an Android engineer (preferably based in Kenya) to collaborate with our tech team, lead development for new and exciting features.
The ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years of building quality applications,
- A history of writing clean and well-documented code with automated tests,
- Experience integrating with REST APIs,
- Ability to scope large, abstract problems to small, concrete tasks
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with a culturally diverse team (we’re a mix of Kenyans and international team members)
- Experience building apps for environments with limited or intermittent Internet connectivity is a plus
Our preferred technology:
Our headquarters is in Kisumu, on the shores of Lake Victoria. Many members of our organization are remote across Kenya and internationally, especially on the tech team. We’d certainly be open to remote work. We would love to have you join us on-site in Kisumu (for a flexible amount of time) once it’s safe to travel again.
We’re a small, friendly team that values open communication and mentorship.