Business Development Officers, Uganda
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for diligent, energetic, and hard working Business Development Officers with up to 2 years’ experience to help us launch our Uganda business.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 1.5million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point of sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
About the role
Maisha Meds is focused on improving healthcare quality, affordability, and access in Africa. Since incorporating in 2017, we have grown to support over 200,000 patients monthly across Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda with our suite of software products.
The Business Development Officers would be responsible for recruiting and onboarding pharmacies to use our point of sale software system. This will include client identification, sales pitches, and customer onboarding.
This role will help grow our presence in Uganda and will be based in Kampala or the Central Region.
- Generate and pursue leads for the Maisha Meds point of sale software system
- Support & engage in the onboarding of newly acquired customers
- Provide frontline support
- Recruit users to for the Maisha Meds loyalty program
- Represent Maisha Meds during various leads & sales generation engagements
- Minimum of 2 years’ sales experience
- Ability to tap into local pharmacy networks
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, strong organization and attention to detail
- Minimum of a diploma in any field, preferably health sciences
- Strong communication skills are an important component of this role including written and spoken English
- Able to establish and maintain lasting relationships
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Apply by 30th August 2021.
The start date is immediate.