Customer Support Associate
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a customer support associate Associate.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 3million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point of sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join our Mombasa team with a focus on customer support. An ideal candidate has some experience in customer care, operations, report writing and data entry. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers, and re-iterating systems to improve the customer experience. This candidate is a customer-centric leader who will effectively work to encourage pharmacies and clinics to consistently use the Maisha Meds programs as well as grow our customer base.
- Managing all customer interactions through the CRM
- Providing consistent customer support for all Maisha Meds product and services (POS and Loyalty)
- Maintaining all client documents and contracts
- Driving patient interactions on the Loyalty program
- Driving growth through generation of referrals.
- Engaging with the product/tech team about insights and innovations for our product solutions
- Collect feedback from pharmacies on the loyalty program, and iterating/refining insights to make them actionable and useful for any interested stakeholder (s).
- Any other tasks as advised by your Supervisor
Maisha Meds reserves the right to adapt the work scope of the employee, in response to the company’s needs or changes in direction.
- A strong academic record is essential but a minimum of a diploma in communication, pharmacy or another related field is a plus. Somebody who is a quick learner of new information and skills is more valuable for this role.
- The applicant with 1-2 years of data entry and customer relations experience is a plus.
- Prior experience working with Excel, ODK and/or other quantitative and qualitative research tools is a plus.
- The applicant should have a high degree of professionalism; integrity; strong organisation and attention to detail; presentation skills; a high energy level and experience meeting sales goals. The applicant should also be able to work independently.
- Strong communication skills are an essential component of this role including written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
- Humility, empathy, and a sense of humour. We are a team that cares deeply about our work, and it is essential that we work well together.
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Ethiopia
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
The employment will be full-time with a three months probation period but Maisha Meds reserves the right to terminate employment sooner in the event of under performing.
The position will be based in Mombasa.
The compensation for this role is commensurate with your experience and skills.