Director of Corporate Partnerships
Looking for something different? Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Director of Corporate Partnerships to lead our work with pharmaceutical manufacturers and suppliers as we advance health care in East Africa, where over 60% of patients visit private pharmacies as their first point to access health care. Candidates should be excited about the prospect of taking a leadership role in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment, be interested in helping galvanize a budding tech community, and have a keen interest in transforming how low-income patients access health care.
You will be joining a small, enthusiastic team of 15 based in Kenya as we scale to thousands of pharmacies in the next year supporting hundreds of thousands of patient encounters. As such, you’ll have the opportunity to make a large and visible impact on our company and the autonomy to build our tech to thrive at scale. Ideal candidates will love solving complex problems with simple solutions and will have significant prior technical management experience and are keen to make an impact with their work. If that sounds like you, we’d love for you to join us.
About Maisha Meds
We’re working to make quality medicines and diagnostics affordable and accessible for the 2.5 billion patients worldwide who access primary health care at their local drug shop. Not long ago, we started with software that tracked medication sales and inventory at these drug shops and clinics. Now we are moving into medication supply chains, partnering with suppliers to ensure that effective medicines are stocked in pharmacies across East Africa, and that they have the working capital to optimize their shops. Our software is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Africa to support hundreds of thousands of patients each year.
For the people who use our software, it represents a way of tracking business decisions and accessing deals and working capital. For patients, we negotiate prices on their behalf and build payment systems to support market access and ensure that they can access and afford high quality essential medicines, in a setting where 1 in 10 products is counterfeit or substandard.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an enterprise sales leader with significant experience working with or for global pharmaceutical companies. An ideal candidate has built relationships with pharmaceutical suppliers and manufacturers and has developed and implemented data-driven approaches to decision-making for such organizations. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves digging in to data for insights and analytics, is comfortable making decisions in ambiguous situations, is professional and collaborative, and a customer-centric leader who will effectively acquire corporate customers and lead these programs to drive revenue for our corporate business.
You should be excited to source and close deals that leverage data and analytics to improve decision-making across the pharmaceutical value chain. This role will include experimenting with new ways of delivering product to BOP patients and building innovative market access programs for our pharmaceutical partners. You will build the Maisha Meds sales approach, corporate service and analytics offerings, pricing strategy, brand, and customer service experience for global pharmaceutical and diagnostics manufacturers while driving strong business results for the company and building a stellar team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Iterating on / refining the Maisha Meds insights platform to make it actionable and immediately useful for pharmaceutical clients and others in the global health space
- Growing key business metrics such as revenue, unique customer count and recurring customer rate, with a focus on data-driven approach to identifying and addressing key customer pain point.
- Ensure close collaboration between corporate and technology teams to drive successful execution on strategies
- Serve as key accounts manager and brand ambassador for Maisha Meds
- Proactively identify and communicate business risks and opportunities and synthesize customer feedback for team
- 3+ years working in enterprise or corporate sales with revenue targets, with 2+ years of professional experience working at/with pharmaceutical manufacturers or suppliers in East Africa.
- Prior experience working with (and ideally developing dashboards in) Tableau, Looker, or Periscope
- Experienced developing accounts management and customer service capabilities, ideally with experience leading teams for this.
- Humility, empathy, and a sense of humor. We are a small team that cares deeply about our work, and it is essential that we work well together
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- A passion for building world class product with a desire to see it scaled widely
Why you should come work with us
Our company aims to take the best of Silicon Valley, including the technical expertise, rapid iteration, and agile processes, and apply its approach to solving problems that affect millions across sub-Saharan Africa. Though we can’t offer you catered daily meals, a ping-pong table, or 30” monitors, we can offer an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change, leading a small but passionate tech team, and give you access to some of the world’s most incredible places. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact, the clients and patients who use our software, and the company’s success. You’ll join our leadership team to grow a small startup to a company serving tens of millions of people.
Start date is flexible, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch with a CV and some information about why you are interested in our company and this role at email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Corporate Partnerships”. Thank you!