Expansion Manager, Nigeria
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for an Expansion Manager with a strong growth-oriented mindset to join our team and champion our expansion to Nigeria.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 3million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point of sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join our team with a key focus on growing operations in Nigeria. The candidate should have experience building and growing customer acquisition and CX operations, managing a sales process and team, enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers and mentoring other team members to create a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds. They’re a strong communicator, and driven to innovate new solutions on the go.
- Customer acquisition, CX and operations
- Build initial customer acquisition and CX efforts in Nigeria, implementing and adapting our market penetration strategy to establish Maisha Meds in the market.
- Support recruitment, hiring onboarding and training for initial field team.
- Lead all operational efforts to localise the business, regularly working with our Growth, Product and Technology, Finance and Support teams to develop systems and ops in-country
- Support our Kenya-based programs team in launching Loyalty Program – a donor-backed incentive program for pharmacies and their patients
- Oversee development and tracking of performance and growth metrics across all departments and communicate progress to broader staff
- Develop future strategies to strengthen operations and accelerate growth
- Prepare and manage budget for organisation and hold each department/person accountable for tracking and justifying expenditures for Nigeria organisation
- Represent Maisha Meds at relevant meetings, and lead sales-focused partnership development and maintenance in Nigeria
- Customer Support
- Develop systems to track and support existing customers; improve user retention and ensure customer payment completion
- Ensure adequate tracking of customer issues with system and complaints
- Support ongoing training, system updates, and feature roll out to customers
- Support impact and innovations initiatives
- Work with team to propose and test methods of improving healthcare delivery, software delivery, and analytics tools
- As needed, engage operations team in robust and systematic way to provide feedback and assess feasibility and impact of proposed innovations
- Degree (minimum) in business, customer service, pharmacy business or other related fields
- Tech conversant and ability to quickly learn and become a proficient user of both our app and internal tools.
- 4+ years working in a customer acquisition and management leadership role
- Background or experience in public health will be an added advantage
- Project management experience will be an added advantage
- Leadership experience, drive, and willingness to mentor others on the team
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humour, patience, and a humble approach to service
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Ethiopia
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
We offer competitive salary and benefits for the African continent, including health insurance, 401(k) / pension, and stock options.
Nigerian nationals or those with a valid work permit in Nigeria are strongly encouraged to apply.