Expansion Manager, Uganda
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Expansion Manager with a strong growth-oriented mindset to join our team and champion our expansion to Uganda.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is a digital software company working to make quality medicines affordable for the 2.5 billion patients worldwide who access primary health care at their local drug shop. Our Point of Sale (POS) application software is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Africa to support hundreds of thousands of patients each year. For the people who use our software, it represents a way of tracking business decisions and accessing deals and working capital. For patients, we help strengthen supply chains and ensure that the medicine that they buy will be affordable and consistently high quality, in a setting where 1 in 10 products is counterfeit or substandard.
Maisha Meds was first built by a multidisciplinary team at Stanford University that is passionate about supporting the health sector in East Africa through digital innovation. Our team is based in Kenya and has funding from Stanford University’s Biodesign Programme and Center for Innovation in Global Health as well as D-Prize, the Unreasonable Institute in East Africa, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck’s Digital eHealth Accelerator in Nairobi, GIZ, and the Dioraphte Foundation.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join our team with a key focus on growing operations in Uganda. The candidate should have experience in customer service and growth, and enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers and mentoring other team members to create a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds. They’re a strong communicator, and driven to innovate new solutions on the go.
- Leading Operations + Marketing Team
- Lead operations team focused on financial management, marketing, sales, and customer support
- Oversee development and tracking of performance and growth metrics across all departments and communicate progress to broader staff
- Support staff recruitment, hiring, training, and ongoing mentorship for the team
- Develop future strategies to strengthen operations and accelerate growth
- Prepare and manage budget for organization and hold each department/person accountable for tracking and justifying expenditures for Uganda organization
- Build sales organization and systems to improve operational efficiency and performance
- Represent Maisha Meds at relevant meetings, and lead sales-focused partnership development and maintenance in Uganda
- Customer Support
- Develop systems to better track and support existing customers; improve user retention and ensure customer payment completion
- Ensure adequate tracking of customer issues with system and complaints
- Support ongoing training, system updates, and feature roll out to customers
- Support impact and innovations initiatives
- Work with team to propose and test methods of improving healthcare delivery, software delivery, and analytics tools
- As needed, engage operations team in robust and systematic way to provide feedback and assess feasibility and impact of proposed innovations
- Degree (minimum) in customer service, pharmacy business or other related field
- Comfortable with technology
4+ years working in a customer acquisition and management leadership role
- Having a background in public health will be an added advantage
- Project management experience will be an added advantage
- Leadership experience, drive, and willingness to mentor others on the team
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is ASAP, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Ugandan nationals or those with a valid work permit in Uganda are strongly encouraged to apply.