Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 1.5million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point of sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
About the role
Maisha Meds is looking for an analyst with process-thinking, quantitative-bias, and a growth mindset. The Growth Analyst will assist in optimizing sales journeys and workflows and help translate them onto our sales and CX platforms. The analyst will also help develop reporting dashboards for the Sales team and leadership to, in real time, understand the business and make more informed decisions. This role will also support the regular experiments being led by the Growth team, and contribute to the Growth team’s core mission to continually improve Maisha Med’s sales processes, tools, data, and enablement efforts.
The role should be an Excel ninja and either have experience with, or be technically adept enough to quickly learn no-code and low-code tool development…in this case, Hubspot.
This role is based in Nairobi, and will work mostly remote. You will report to the Head of Growth + Expansion.
- Help manage and improve Maisha Meds’ internal digital tools used for lead capture, sales, and customer experience
- Build custom reports to monitor key metrics and insights for leadership, the sales and CX teams, and available to the entire company
- Along-side the Head of Growth, develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into all key decision making
- Assist in documenting and improving existing sales processes, identifying deficiencies and areas for improvement and redesign
- Regularly and proactively wade into data to uncover opportunities, inefficiencies, support proposed changes to the business, or other experiments
- Regularly engage field teams and end-customers to understand our users
- When required, work with product + tech teams to outline, gather requirements, test and QA improvements to our existing products, or development of new products. And post-development, assisting with release and training to ensure user adoption
- Proselytize optimization and data-minded culture inside the company
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business, data management, or related field OR a developer school / program
- 1 to 3 years experience as an analyst, in an operational role, or in a related position
- Excellent Excel skills – comfortable with advanced formulas, pivot tables, and possibly modeling and macros
- Ability to deep work – commonly working to problem solve technical or Excel based problems
- Able to analyze data and statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Amazing attention to detail
- Teachable and open to feedback
The ideal candidate might have all or some of the following..
- Past experience working with no-code / low-code platforms such as Hubspot or other CRM or ERP platforms
- Experience working alongside sales and product teams
- Experience working in an app-based business
- Experience working at a startup or growth stage company
- You may or may not have design skills, but you have an eye for function and beautiful design
Why you should join us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is February 2022, and compensation is commensurate with experience.