Inventory and Loss Control Manager
Maisha Meds is focused on improving healthcare quality, affordability, and access in Africa. Since incorporating in 2017, we have grown to support over 150,000 patients monthly across Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda with our suite of software products.
Pharmacies and clinics use our point of sale software to track their stock, our restocking system to order medicines from high quality suppliers, and our loyalty programme tests a variety of payment systems and incentive structures to improve patient uptake of high-impact health products like malaria diagnostics and treatment, antenatal care commodities, and contraceptives.
We measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare commodities for low-income patients across Africa.
The organisation is at an exciting inflection point – we are currently testing our digital reimbursement model for improving malaria diagnosis and treatment alongside health economics research partners and global health funders. We are currently expanding our efforts in Tanzania and Uganda, with other countries to follow. We are moving towards supporting digital reimbursement for the 16 core areas that make up Universal Health Coverage (UHC) as defined by the World Health Organization. And we have begun to partner with global health funders, insurance companies, and pharmaceutical manufacturers to ensure that the diagnostics and therapies required to support UHC are always available at the last mile, no matter how far that last mile might be.
About the role
This role will be under the loyalty programme, whose primary objective is to support the provision of high quality, affordable care to patients through incentivising provision of commodities. In order to help our partner pharmacies and clinics stock these products and ensure availability, we provide them with the Malaria and Family planning products on consignment. The facilities are not required to pay for any products that they provide to patients via the loyalty programme. Maisha Meds ensures delivery of products to be used to fulfill loyalty on a weekly basis. When a facility completes a carepathway, they simply submit it to Maisha Meds, then we will reward them with loyalty points that can be redeemed in KES.
During the period the loyalty programme has been in operation, we have experienced a gap in inventory management and loss control skills within the loyalty team. As such, we are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join the loyalty program operations team with a key focus on inventory management and loss control. An ideal candidate has experience in inventory and loss control management in the retail space across multiple facilities. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers, and re-iterating systems to improve the customer experience. This candidate will effectively put up systems, processes and controls to mitigate fraud and stock loss risks and best manage the program’s investment in these consignments.
This role is based in Kisumu with frequent local travel. You will report to the Director of Programs for this work and will supervise consignment associates.
- Review existing systems, processes and controls around inventory management both internally and with our partner facilities, identify improvement areas and implement leading practices
- Support in the development and refining of the systems used to track consignments
- Overall supply chain management; from making bulk orders from suppliers to dispatching to facilities
- Continuously reviewing accuracy of inventory data in our systems and conducting data cleanups
- Conduct periodical inventory stock takes (at the facilities and within our main warehouse), data entry and training to ensure high-quality data is in the system
- Preventing, controlling, detecting theft and recovering stolen/mismanagement products
- Counterchecking supplier or internal deliveries, dispatch of goods, reconciling and random counting of inventory items
- Undertaking investigations cases e.g. frauds, pilferages and collusions accurately and submitting the report within hours after completion of the same
- Advise management on/Support finance in financial accounting of stock movements
- Data entry, analysis and reporting of stock transactions to the leadership
- Degree in supply chain or other related field
- 3+ years working in inventory management and loss control in retail, pharmaceuticals or other similar applicable sectors
- Having a background in public health will be an added advantage
- Experience in data analysis for huge volumes of data
- Humility, empathy, and a sense of humor. We are a small team that cares deeply about our work, and it is essential that we work well together
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients
- Innovation in crafting world class solutions
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is ASAP, and compensation is commensurate with experience.