Operations Associate in Oromia/Amhara, Ethiopia
Maisha Meds is focused on improving healthcare quality, affordability, and access in Africa. Since incorporating in 2017, we have grown to support over 150,000 patients monthly across Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda with our suite of software products.
Pharmacies and clinics use our point of sale software to track their stock, our restocking system to order medicines from high quality suppliers, and our loyalty programme tests a variety of payment systems and incentive structures to improve patient uptake of high-impact health products like malaria diagnostics and treatment, antenatal care commodities, and contraceptives.
We measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare commodities for low-income patients across Africa.
The organization is at an exciting inflection point – we are currently testing our digital reimbursement model for improving malaria diagnosis and treatment alongside health economics research partners and global health funders. And we will be expanding into Ethiopia in 2021 in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Jhpiego, and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation. This program is a one-year proof-of-concept to support development of supply chains and delivery of prenatal care programs, with the potential for scale nationally in Ethiopia if successful.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to support the implementation of our project in Ethiopia. This role entails frequent travel to Amhara and Oromia kebeles to train health posts to use our product and provide support to ensure retention.
Roles are based in their respective regions. You will report to the Field Manager in Addis Ababa.
- Onboarding and training health posts to start using the product, which will include frequent travel to various woredas in Amhara and Oromia
- Creating positive and excellent customer experience during onboarding and support of client
- Working with the Field Manager to prepare and manage the budget for onboarding and support activities cost effectively
- Supporting streamlining and scalability of the onboarding process
- Conducting data entry and training to ensure high-quality data is in the system
- Supporting in developing onboarding materials and strategies related to efficiencies in the onboarding process including training manual, tutorials, and in person training to create positive, excellent customer experience after onboarding of health posts
- Supporting in collecting ongoing metrics related to operational success, including HPs continuing to be engaged with systems, hardware inventory, hardware use and breakage, and retention
- Supporting in ensuring all the proper registration documents and contracts are collected and filed
Maisha Meds reserves the right to adapt the work scope for the employee, in response to company needs or changes in direction.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in public health, pharmacy, sales, business or other related field
- 2+ years working in enterprise, training, experience in medical, tech-based, pharmacy, or pharmaceutical field preferred
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to health posts in Amhara and Oromia frequently
- For Amhara: Must be based in the Amhara region. Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and English
- For Oromia: Fluency in written and spoken Afaan Oromo, Amharic and English
- Experience working with government stakeholders and tech interventions a plus
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why you should join us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is in March, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application through online by 21 February 2021.
Open to Ethiopian applicants only.