Program Manager, Loyalty Program (Nairobi)
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Program manager with remarkable customer service skills to join our Loyalty Program and champion our expansion to the Nairobi region.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is a digital software company working to make quality medicines affordable for the 2.5 billion patients worldwide who access primary health care at their local drug shop. Our Point of Sale (POS) application software is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Africa to support hundreds of thousands of patients each year. For the people who use our software, it represents a way of tracking business decisions and accessing deals and working capital. For patients, we help strengthen supply chains and ensure that the medicine that they buy will be affordable and consistently high quality, in a setting where 1 in 10 products is counterfeit or substandard.
Maisha Meds was first built by a multidisciplinary team at Stanford University that is passionate about supporting the health sector in East Africa through digital innovation. Our team is based in Kenya and has funding from Stanford University’s Biodesign Programme and Center for Innovation in Global Health as well as D-Prize, the Unreasonable Institute in East Africa, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Merck’s Digital eHealth Accelerator in Nairobi, GIZ, and the Dioraphte Foundation.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join the loyalty Program team with a key focus on growing the operations in the Nairobi region and its environs. The candidate should have experience in customer service leadership in the public health or related space, ideally at the intersection of support for digital products. space or a relatable field. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers, and mentoring other team members to create a vibrant customer support culture at Maisha Meds. This candidate is a customer-centric leader whose mission is to build strong relationships with our partner pharmacies making them champions of our Program (Loyalty Program for life pharmacies). This candidate is a strong communicator and is driven to innovate new solutions on the go in response to customer asks.
- Champion expansion into a new region by onboarding and supporting our network of pharmacies reimbursing for care, including building operations, supply chain and training on systems required to achieve this
- Put up systems, processes, controls and teams to penetrate new markets, onboard new facilities and manage these relationships.
- Support these facilities through weekly field visits and calls to ensure:
- They are implementing the Program with integrity
- They have sufficient stock
- They are utilizing the loyalty application maximally
- They understand expected reimbursements
- They are targeting all eligible patients to increase Program reach
- Providing any requested support from the facilities
- Foster relationships with relevant professional bodies and county officials who are key stakeholders in success of our Programs (Existing relationships with such stakeholders is an added advantage)
- Work with clinical advisors to develop clinical protocols to ensure pharmacies and clinics provide high-quality care
- Reporting Program progress and opportunities of growth to the Director of Programs
- Support in designing expansion project plans
This role is based in Nairobi with frequent local travel. You will report to the Director of Programs for this work.
- Degree (minimum) in customer service, pharmacy business or other related field
- Comfortable with technology – direct experience working with developers is a huge plus
- 3+ years working in a customer acquisition and management leadership role
- Having a background in public health will be an added advantage
- Project management experience will be an added advantage
- Leadership experience, drive, and willingness to mentor others on the team
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is ASAP, and compensation is commensurate with experience.