Program Manager, Public Health Program (Nigeria)
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Program Manager.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 3million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
Our work is funded by USAID Development Innovation Ventures, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, Grand Challenges Canada, Pfizer, and others, and we are starting to build partnerships with multilateral global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and national health insurance funds. We use data from our point of sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. And we measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa.
Who We’re Looking For
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Program manager with remarkable project management skills to join our Loyalty Program and champion our expansion in Nigeria.
- Manage and account for imprest disbursements and establish and maintain cash controls.
- Champion expansion by onboarding and supporting a network of pharmacies participating in Maisha Meds loyalty programs
- Build and lead our public health programs operations, supply chain and training curriculum to support growth
- Establish systems, processes, controls and teams to penetrate new markets, onboard new facilities and manage these relationships.
- Support Loyalty Program facilities through weekly field visits and calls to ensure:
- They are implementing the program with integrity
- They have sufficient stock
- They are utilizing the loyalty application maximally
- They are targeting all eligible patients to increase Program reach
- Providing any requested support from the facilities
- Develop relationships with our in-country NGO partners and funders
- Foster relationships with relevant professional bodies and government officials who are key stakeholders in success of our Programs (existing relationships with such stakeholders is an added advantage)
- Work with advisors to develop clinical protocols to ensure pharmacies and clinics provide high-quality care
- Report program progress and opportunities of growth to the Director of Programs
- Support in designing expansion project plans
You will report to the Director of Programs for this work.
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- Applicable educational qualifications, ideally in customer service, business, public health or other related field
- Willingness to work in Northern Nigeria states (Kano, Yobe, Gombe etc.)
- Comfortable with technology – direct experience working with developers is a huge plus
- Having a background in public health is an added advantage
- Project management experience is an added advantage
- Leadership experience, drive, and willingness to mentor others on the team
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Ethiopia
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Start date: as soon as possible. Compensation is commensurate with experience