Restock Product Manager
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a creative and experienced product manager to improve health care in East Africa
About Maisha Meds
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in East Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past two years has grown to support nearly 150,000 patients monthly across Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda with our suite of software products. We have built a network of pharmacies and clinics that use our restocking system to order medicines from high quality suppliers, and we’re testing a variety of payment systems and incentive structures for patients to improve patient uptake of high-impact health products like antenatal care commodities, infectious disease diagnostics, and contraceptives. We measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare commodities for low-income patients across East Africa.
About the role
We are seeking an exceptional professional based in Kenya to serve as our restock product manager to lead our work to roll out our digital ordering system to our network of over 350 pharmacies and clinics in Kenya and launch the product in Tanzania and Uganda. The role will also include building and managing relationships with suppliers, manufacturers, and trade finance partners. Responsibilities will include the following.
Manage overall restocking business: This will include building a restocking operation with stellar customer support that pharmacies can rely on to meet all of their restocking needs. You will expand our product and supplier base in Kenya while ensuring that only high-quality pharmaceutical products are available on the platform, set and hit growth targets, support entry of our restocking system into new countries, and manage the team to deliver on ambitious goals.
- Set and meet revenue and growth targets in monthly orders across the network
- Manage the restock P&L
- Develop a stellar customer service team to serve as key account managers for the network, processing orders and managing a network of clients
- Build a supplier network, onboard suppliers in new geographies, and standardize price lists and product classification to enable transparent pricing and price comparisons for pharmacies.
Experiment with new systems for attracting and retaining customers: Our pharmacies have told us that loyalty programs, special offers, push notifications, and better forecasting mechanisms would incentivize them to use our product. You will lead all of these efforts, rolling them out with experimental approaches designed to understand the “lift” associated with each of these approaches and supporting evidence-based decision-making about which to roll out at scale
- Design and offer incentive programs in partnership with suppliers and market these programs across network
- Experiment with different approaches for getting data to suppliers and enabling pharmacies to access real-time delivery information
- Work with tech team to design simpler and more effective forecasting systems and conduct user testing to improve product design
- Evaluate different outreach and marketing programs to understand their effectiveness
Build an effective trade finance product: Over the past year we have been experimenting with both in-house and partner-based trade finance products. You will take these learning to build a simple and effective way of offering trade finance across the network while maintaining our current repayment rate of 90+%.
- Design product terms & conditions and marketing materials Work with partners to prequalify all or majority of pharmacies in our network
- Automate manual processes of enrollment and qualification of customers and to give them their balances weekly
- Build more effective collection and repayment systems for pharmacies and ensure high repayment across the network
- Develop strategy to roll out in new locations
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 1-4+ years of work experience who will help take our organization to the next level of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career–track role, with a two-year minimum contract. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Prior experience leading teams that support pharmaceutical supply chain and procurement
- Trained pharmacist with interest and ability to classify and standardize pharmaceutical data
- Keen understanding of digital tools and how their adoption can improve pharma supply chains
- Prior business experience managing P&L for a fast-growing company or line of business
- People management skills – experience with mentoring and training people
- Proactively identify challenges as they arise and work to address them immediately
- Humility, empathy, and a sense of humor. We are a small team that cares deeply about our work, and it is essential that our team work well together
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. Though we can’t offer you catered meals and conference bikes like in Silicon Valley, we can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people.
Start date is flexible, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Restock Product Manager.”