Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for diligent, energetic, and hard working sales consultants with up to 2 years’ experience.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is focused on improving healthcare quality, affordability, and access in Africa. Since incorporating in 2017, we have grown to support over 150,000 patients monthly across Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda with our suite of software products.
Pharmacies and clinics use our point of sale software to track their stock, our restocking system to order medicines from high quality suppliers, and our loyalty program tests a variety of payment systems and incentive structures to improve patient uptake of high-impact health products like malaria diagnostics and treatment, antenatal care commodities, and contraceptives.
We measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare commodities for low-income patients across Africa.
The organization is at an exciting inflection point – we are currently testing our digital reimbursement model for improving malaria diagnosis and treatment alongside health economics research partners and global health funders. We are currently expanding our efforts in Tanzania and Uganda, with other countries to follow. We are moving towards supporting digital reimbursement for the 16 core areas that make up Universal Health Coverage (UHC) as defined by the World Health Organization. And we have begun to partner with global health funders, insurance companies, and pharmaceutical manufacturers to ensure that the diagnostics and therapies required to support UHC are always available at the last mile, no matter how far that last mile might be.
About the role
The sales consultants would be responsible for recruiting and on boarding pharmacies to use our point of sale system. This will include client identification, sales pitches, and client support in on boarding.
This role will help grow our presence in Kenya and will be based in Nairobi or Nakuru.
- Actively recruiting pharmacies to start using the Maisha Meds Point of Sale system
- Acting as a point of contact between pharmacies and Maisha Meds
- Recruiting pharmacies to sign up to the Maisha Meds loyalty program
- Minimum of 2 years’ sales experience
- Ability to tap into local pharmacy networks
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, strong organization and attention to detail
- The applicant should possess a smartphone
- Strong communication skills are an important component of this role, including written and spoken English & Kiswahili
- Minimum of a diploma in any field, preferably health sciences
- Strong communication skills are an important component of this role including written and spoken English & Kiswahili
- Able to establish and maintain lasting relationships
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is immediately .