Senior Android Engineer
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for an experienced Android software engineer to improve health care in East Africa!
Our main product is an Android app that both operates as a point-of-sale tool and helps pharmacies manage their inventory and restock products. Our app is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Kenya and Tanzania to support hundreds of thousands of patients every year. We’re rapidly expanding our user base, and are planning on expanding to more countries in the future.
We help small, local pharmacies partner with vetted suppliers to ensure that they can stock high-quality medicine. We also offer working capital to pharmacies to help them grow their businesses. We also launched a loyalty program to help subsidize medicine for patients and reward pharmacists for better medical practices.
What We’re Looking For
We’re launching a new phase of our loyalty program to support COVID testing and prenatal diagnostic tests in sites using our software as well as expanding our POS app to new countries!
We’re looking for a senior Android engineer to collaborate with our tech team, lead development for new and exciting features.
The ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years of building quality applications,
- A history of writing clean and well-documented code with automated tests,
- Experience integrating with REST APIs,
- Ability to lead large, abstract projects and scope concrete tasks
- Project manage different stakeholders and prioritize requirements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with a culturally diverse team (we’re a mix of Kenyans and international team members)
- Experience building apps for environments with limited or intermittent Internet connectivity is a plus
Our preferred technology:
Our headquarters is in Kisumu, on the shores of Lake Victoria. Many members of our organization are remote across Kenya and internationally, especially on the tech team. We’d certainly be open to remote work. We would love to have you join us on-site in Kisumu (for a flexible amount of time) once it’s safe to travel again.
We’re a small, friendly team that values open communication and mentorship.