Senior Product Manager
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead our flagship product that supports paying for health outcomes.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 2.5million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
We use data from our point of sale software to design programs that leverage financial incentives to improve uptake of high impact health products. We measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa. And we work with a mix of leading global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and ministries of health to make this happen.
Who We’re Looking For
An enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join the Product team with a key focus on creating the best digital experiences for customers. You will be responsible for a key product that is expected to grow to support millions of patients to access care directly over the next few years across several countries in Africa. You will be responsible for product strategy, planning and execution throughout the full product lifecycle. This includes but is not limited to researching, gathering, and prioritizing requirements, defining the product vision, goals and success metrics. This role is a mix between discovery and delivery and you’ll work closely with the UX/UI Designer. The ideal candidate should have a background in product management, preferably with some prior experience working with healthcare or payments products. You should also be data-driven in decision-making and comfortable with monitoring analytics and deriving insights from how products perform and determining the future path of iterative improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with Maisha Meds vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products and lead design sprints for key product features
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps, prioritize backlog, and oversee feature breakdown
- Coach and mentor product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users and use data to drive decisions, experiment, and optimise experiences using A/B testing and other methods.
- Represent the voice of the end consumer throughout the development process.
- Ensure that high standards of reliability, quality, usability and measurement are adhered to throughout each phase of product development
- Field visits at least once a month to Maisha Meds facilities with the main aim of gathering insights and making recommendations
- Own and be accountable for the in-market performance of delivered products, ensuring that your product meets improvement, usage, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Build team culture to ensure our engineers, operations team, and others collaborate effectively and love working together
- 3+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Must be able to define and manage complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- A “do what it takes” mentality – you have the desire and ability to prioritize and deliver on company vision and goals
- Experience building great user experiences and driving elegant, simple interactions
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy applications. You are capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- Experience managing projects which involve multiple stakeholders, including external partners
- Tolerance for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo
- Experience balancing execution, agility, and culture at a fast growing business.
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with humor and patients
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
Tell me more about Maisha Meds
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Ethiopia
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401(k) / pension, stock options, and sponsorship for work visas in Kenya.