Senior Product Manager
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lay the foundation for our patient wallets product, alongside leading work on other new program product requirements. The patient wallet is at its early stage, with backing from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to initially develop a product to serve women in Uganda, and we are looking for its first core members to join the team. This team will be responsible for building the foundational platform that will be used to launch the patient wallet in Uganda and across our other core markets in due course.
The purpose of the wallet is to enable patients to pay for subsidized healthcare through pharmacies in the Maisha Meds network.
Join Our Team
Maisha Meds is an organization dedicated to improving health care in Africa. We began full-time operations in 2017 and over the past few years has grown to support over 2.5million patient encounters annually across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, and Zambia with our suite of software products. We are building the financial and technology infrastructure to enable global health funders to pay for health outcomes at the last mile, with a focus on malaria case management (and results from a RCT with UC Berkeley due out later this year), injectable contraceptives, prenatal care, HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, and COVID testing and vaccination.
We measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for low-income patients across Africa. And we work with a mix of leading global health funders, pharmaceutical companies, and ministries of health to make this happen.
Who We’re Looking For:
An enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join the Product team with a key focus on creating the best digital experiences for customers. You will be responsible for product strategy, planning and execution throughout the full product lifecycle. This includes but is not limited to researching, gathering, and prioritizing requirements, defining the product vision, goals and success metrics. This role is a mix between discovery and delivery and you’ll work closely with the UX/UI Designer, Chief Product Officer, and the rest of the product, tech, and operations teams. The ideal candidate should have a background in product management, preferably with some prior experience working with healthcare or payments products. You should also be data-driven in decision-making and comfortable with monitoring analytics and deriving insights from how products perform and determining the future path of iterative improvement
- Develop and implement product strategies for both digital wallet and other potential new programs consistent with Maisha Meds vision
- Collect and analyze user insights from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products and lead design sprints for key product features
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps, prioritize backlog, and oversee feature breakdown
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Suggest ways to track product use and impact on end users and use data to drive decisions, experiment, and optimize experiences using A/B testing and other methods.
- Represent the voice of the end consumer throughout the development process.
- Ensure that high standards of reliability, quality, usability and measurement are adhered to throughout each phase of product development
- Field visits at least once a month to Maisha Meds facilities with the main aim of gathering insights and making recommendations, with an initial focus on Uganda requiring frequent travel
- Own and be accountable for the in-market performance of delivered products, ensuring that your product meets improvement, usage, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Build team culture to ensure our engineers, operations team, and others collaborate effectively and love working together
- Responsible for mapping out the minimum viable product, coordination of resources to successfully launch products and measuring core success metrics to continually iterate and improve future phases;
- Work closely with financial institution partners
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products
- Experience in FinTech and/or digital health products
- Experience designing products specifically targeted at supporting women
- Relevant professional experience in an African context, designing products suitable for use by low income population groups
- Experience developing product strategy including business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Experience in translating product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
- Strong analytical abilities, with experience analyzing market data to develop sales strategies, and define product objectives for effective marketing communications plans, including the ability to develop product positioning and messaging to differentiate Maisha Meds and its features across primary market segments
- Collaborative mindset, with demonstrated experience of working successfully with engineering, operations, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and managing the balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization.
Why You Should Join Us
- On a roll: Doubling year over year with new funding partnerships soon to be announced and recent expansion into Uganda, Nigeria, and Ethiopia
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Stanford School of Medicine, Google, mPharma, I&M bank. We have technologists, clinicians, and economists working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great funders: We’re backed by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID Development Innovation Ventures, CIFF, WHO FIND, and Pfizer to pay for healthcare on behalf of patients, with others to be announced soon.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $50+ billion market for healthcare payments for low-income patients, with a focus on paying for health outcomes to ensure patients get better.
- Great customers: Create incentives that ensure our nurses, pharmacists, and clinicians provide excellent care and pay them when this happens.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
We offer competitive salary and benefits for the African continent, including health insurance, 401(k) / pension, stock options, and sponsorship for work visas in Kenya.