Senior Software Engineer (Android)
Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for a creative and experienced developer to advance health care in East Africa
About Maisha Meds
In developing countries, 1 in 10 medical products is counterfeit or substandard. Maisha Meds is helping to address this problem in Kenya.
We help small, local pharmacies partner with vetted suppliers to ensure high quality medicines are stocked. We also offer working capital to pharmacies to help them grow their businesses.
We do this through an Android app that helps pharmacies manage inventory as well as serve as a point-of-sales tool. Our software is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Kenya to support hundreds of thousands of patients each year. We’re rapidly expanding our user base, and are likely to expand to different countries in the future.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an engineer to help build features for our flagship Android app.
The ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of building quality Android applications or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of how to support older versions of Android
- History of writing clean, well-documented code and automated tests
- Experience with integrating with REST APIs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with a culturally diverse team (we are a mix Kenyans and international team members)
- Experience building apps for environments with limited internet connectivity is a plus
- Fluency in Swahili and English preferred
Our company is based in Kisumu and we would love to have you join us onsite (although a little flexible).
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions across sub-Saharan Africa. Though we can’t offer you catered meals like in Silicon Valley, we can offer you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds to a company serving tens of millions of people.
Start date is flexible, and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Send your resume, links to any personal projects you’ve done and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Software Engineer.”