Maisha Meds is hiring! We’re looking for an experienced Ui/Ux Designer to improve health care in East Africa!
About Maisha Meds
Maisha Meds is focused on improving healthcare quality, affordability, and access in Africa. Since incorporating in 2017, we have grown to support over 150,000 patients monthly across Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda with our suite of software products.
Pharmacies and clinics use our point of sale software to track their stock, our restocking system to order medicines from high quality suppliers, and our loyalty program tests a variety of payment systems and incentive structures to improve patient uptake of high-impact health products like malaria diagnostics and treatment, antenatal care commodities, and contraceptives.
We measure our success by our ability to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare commodities for low-income patients across Africa.
The organization is at an exciting inflection point – we are currently testing our digital reimbursement model for improving malaria diagnosis and treatment alongside health economics research partners and global health funders. We are currently expanding our efforts in Tanzania and Uganda, with other countries to follow. We are moving towards supporting digital reimbursement for the 16 core areas that make up Universal Health Coverage (UHC) as defined by the World Health Organization. And we have begun to partner with global health funders, insurance companies, and pharmaceutical manufacturers to ensure that the diagnostics and therapies required to support UHC are always available at the last mile, no matter how far that last mile might be.
About the role
Maisha Meds is seeking an experienced Ui/Ux Designer who will be responsible for leading the creation of end-to-end product interface designs that deliver consistent, intuitive user experiences across all our digital experiences for Maisha Meds customers and employees.
The Ui/Ux Designer will also be required to support with marketing efforts that require graphic design & branding decisions.
This role is based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to Kisumu. You will report to the Chief Product Officer for this work.
- Designing and delivering elegant and delightful product experiences as part of a cross-functional product team
- Actively collaborating with business/ brand stakeholders throughout the design development process
- Assisting Product Managers in executing both long and short-term vision for the digital products
- Clearly articulating proposed design and key decisions with Product Managers
- Exploring solution space and refining concepts via detailed high definition designs.
- Defining the visual style and brand positioning relative to design guidelines, to ensure a level of design consistency and coherence.
- Building prototypes and designing tests to validate customer needs, behaviors and mental models.
- Collaborating with other designers within a cross-functional team to problem solve design challenges and ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers.
- Be at the forefront of design advocacy across the organization.
- Minimum of 3 year’s demonstrated experience in creating quality digital products and implementing UI designs
- Experience with HCD that spans web, mobile (predominantly Android) apps and web interfaces.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tight deadlines efficiently
- Basic coding skills that help make your vision a reality is a plus
- Must be a team player capable of working closely with products, engineering and operations across various products
- Optimism that allows you to be flexible and adaptable, you bring resilience and tenacity, and thrive in ambiguous situations.
- Competency in the following tools Adobe Suite, Figma, Sketch, Invison, Abstract, Miro, Asana, Jira and Slack.
- Growth mindset and enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Humility and personal stability. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward
Why You Should Join Us
Maisha Meds aims to leverage technology to solve problems that affect millions of people across sub-Saharan Africa. We can promise you an opportunity to drive real, quantifiable change that literally saves lives. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact. You’ll join our small and friendly team to grow Maisha Meds into a company serving tens of millions of people across East Africa.
Start date is July 2021, and compensation is commensurate with experience.